2017 Gelding (Cornet Obolensky — Sanberra, by Kannan)
- Final Bid Price: $49,500.00
- 14 Bid(s) There is a Reserve Price on this listing. View Bid History
- Lot # 006
- System ID # 175713
- End Date
- Start Date
Clinton Z is a 2017 gelding by Cornet Obolensky out of the Kannan mare Sanberra.
For additional video of Clinton Z, click here.
About the Sire Line
From the moment Cornet Obolensky set foot in the world of breeding, riders as well as breeders have been fascinated by this charming grey.WBFSH Show Jumping Sire #4. Never before has a stallion been so successful. Never before have we seen a stallion dominating all the international events with his first crop. Already 21 of Cornet Obolensky´s oldest offspring have advanced to the highest level of show jumping. Never before has a stallion been so prepotent in passing on his talent for top-level sport. At the 2001 Westphalian stallion inspection, the audience watched breathlessly as this product of the golden combination Clinton x Heartbreaker just seemed to flirt with the jumps. In the 30-day test this phenomenal athlete received a 9.24 score for jumping aspects and a 10 for free jumping. Once the stallion was teamed up with Marco Kutscher in the saddle the admiration for Cornet Obolensky´s jumping talent simply rocketed. The combination qualified for the Bundeschampionat´s finals with scores others can only dream of. With a casual ease they conquered the world´s most difficult courses as if it were child´s play. Cornet Obolensky´s first crop of sons saw the immediate approval of top-class stallions Cristallo I (1.60m classes with Henrik von Eckermann), Cornado NRW (1.60m classes with Marcus Ehning) and Conte Bellini (the absolute revelation of the 2013 World Cup Finals in Göteborg under the Latvian rider Kristaps Neretieks). And there is Daniel Deusser´s phenomenal ace Cornet d´Amour, who also stems from Cornet Obolensky´s first crop. In 2013 this combination won the German Champion´s title and seized individual fourth place at the European Championships in Herning. Cornet Obolensky´s first crop also produced Marco Kutcher´s current top horse Cornet´s Cristallo and Emanuele Gaudiano´s EC star Cocoshynsky. And it´s still early days for this already unparalleled career in the worldwide breeding scene of show jumping horses.
At this stage Cornet Obolensky has at least 32 offspring competing at 1.60m level and we´re still counting. All these horses will be turning ten or eleven in 2014. Never before has a stallion so prominently shown to be in a class of his own. Never before has a stallion been such a proven progenitor for passing on his talent to his offspring.
About the Dam Line
Clinton Z’s mother Sanberra has produced two 1.60 jumpers including Wiberra and Floyd. Sanberra is by the stallion Kannan. For 10 years in the world Top 20 WBFSH Ranking, 1st in 2014, Kannan has more than 600 products winner in CSI, such as:
- Nino des Buissonnets—Gold Medal into individual Olympics Games in London, great international winner in CSI5* with S. Guerdat
- Quabri de l'Isle—Gold medal by team at the 2019 Pan-American Games, 3rd GP CSIO5* in Aachen in 2018, Rio Olympic Games in 2016, Caen World Equestrian Games in 2014 with P. Veniss,
- Tradition de la Roque—2nd GP CSI4* in Wellington with McLain Ward, ISO 163
- Molly Malone V—4th GP CSI5*-W in Verona, 5th GP CSIO5* in Dublin with B. Allen
- Vintage de la Roque—CSI5* win D. Hendrickx, ISO 164
- Kel'Star du Vingt Ponts—CSI5* with J. Guéry, Tokyo 2 ex Tokyo de Saint Fray, 3rd GP CSI5*-W in Stuttgart, GP CSI5*in Valkenswaard, ISO 171 with C. Ahlmann
- Symphonie des Biches, CSI4* - ISO 164 with R. Angot
- Sunshine du Phare ISO 164 – CSI5* with R. Y. Bost
- Toupie de la Roque, ISO 162 -CSI5* with J. Epaillard
- Toledo du Phare, ISO 161 – CSI4* with G. Anon Suarez
- Tourterelle d'Elle, ISO 157– CSI4*
- Uppsala del Cabalero ISO 165
- Viceversa de la Roque ISO 156 – CSI5*
- Uthope de la Roque ISO 161 – CSI4*
- Baracat d'Anchat ISO 151
- Bahia de Mars ISO 146
Clinton Z's Height: 16.3 1/4h